We do what others talk about
Sustainability is at the core of MCC’s strategy. Everything we do is about creating a better climate. We make continuous improvements to our products and systems to reduce environmental impact, right from the start at the drawing board. It’s all about dimensioning systems exactly according to where and how they will be used, finding lighter, quieter and smarter solutions with as low energy consumption as possible.
We always try to replace harmful substances with alternatives with less environmental impact. Our environmental work includes minimizing energy consumption in the production process and maximizing materials recycling. Our Management System complies with and is certified to ISO14001.
MCC as part of VBG Group stands behind all 17 of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The VBG Group have committed to new sustainability targets that are designed to support the SDGs and to guide the Group towards long-term sustainable development.
VBG Group’s sustainability targets in brief:
• Greenhouse gases (GHG) – 50% reduction of GHG (scope 1 and 2) by 2030 (reference year 2022)
• Reduced waste – reduce hazardous waste by 50% and total waste by 25% by 2030
• Responsible business – 100% of suppliers of direct production materials must sign VBG Group’s Code of Conduct and 100% of our top suppliers and our own production facilities must be certified according to ISO 14001 by 2030
• Diversity and inclusion – VBG Group must increase the proportion of women to 30% by 2030, the number of managers must follow the proportion of women in total in the group and the ambition is to always have at least one woman in management groups. We have zero tolerance for discrimination.
• Safety – Our goal is that no work-related accidents should occur, and we work to ensure that our products create a safer society.